Data Controller: Farm & General Insurance Consultants Limited, The New Forest Estate Office, SO42 7RL
Please contact us if you require further information. Our contact for queries is Lesley Way.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy in accordance with Data Protection legislation.
What type of personal data do we need?
We will process personal details, some of which is by nature sensitive e.g. race, health or criminal convictions, only on the basis that it is necessary to obtain the insurance in question or it is in the public interest - for example to fight crime or prevent fraud. The provision of such data is required for us to be able to provide insurance or manage a claim and, whilst you can withdraw your consent for us to process such data, this may result in us not being able to continue cover or to process any claims.
We will collect only what is necessary, protect it with appropriate security measures and will keep it only for as long as necessary in line with our data retention policy. You can ask us for a copy.
How do we obtain your data?
- We may gather it from data you submit to a website, by telephone, face to face or by email.
- We may receive it from insurers, other insurance brokers, price comparison sites and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers and firms that process or store our records.
How will we use the data you give us?
We will use your data because it is necessary to administer your insurance contract, help you make a claim or other related purposes. Where we need to pass data to other firms, it will only be for those purposes. These firms will be our regulators, insurers, other insurance brokers, and firms handling claims. It includes finance providers, credit reference agencies and firms that process or administer our records.
When we contact you, it will either be for the above reason, or because we have a legitimate interest in marketing related products. For any other marketing it will only be with your consent and you will be able to withdraw your consent or unsubscribe at any time.
If we must transfer data to a country outside the EU, we will ensure similar level of protection applies.
What are my legal rights?
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner at ico.org.uk, Tel 0303 123 1113.
- You can ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes.
- You can obtain a copy of your personal data from us without charge by contacting us at the address above. This may include the right to transfer data to any controller.
- You have the right to ask us to correct any inaccurate or misleading data.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your data or stop using it, unless it is necessary for us to retain it for insurance, financial or other legal purposes as set out in our data retention policy.
- You may have the right to object if decisions about you are made solely by a computer.